What do we know about the 20-21 school year? The answer is… not much. But when we do, we’ll post it here. For now:
- HISD has released their 20-21 school calendar, although we don’t yet know everything that means for how we will do things.
- Order your school supplies by July 1 to use our online store.
- Yearbook publishing (2019-2020 book) was delayed by quarantine but is now back on track. Yearbooks should be delivered to our school in early August for delivery.
- We plan to open uniform sales here on the PTO site in July.
- The 2019-2020 PTO board will continue to meet to address needs as they arise and to begin the 20-21 budget and planning process to hand off to the new board in the fall. Our current plan, depending on what happens in this always-changing situation is:
- You should complete your nominations for PTO board between now and August by emailing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We hope to hold a general meeting in early August, where we will help new families understand the school, to update everyone on the plans for the year, and to introduce nominees for next year’s board.
- We’ll follow that with a meeting in September where PTO members will all vote on your 20-21 board.
If you have a nomination for yourself or someone else for the PTO board, feedback, needs that we can help with, or ideas to share, please let us know. In the meantime, keep up with updates from the board via our website at http://mimspto.org.