Welcome to the 2020-2021 Elementary School UIL Academic year! Ms. Simpson and Nissa Simpson are your teacher representative and parent coordinator for MIMS. We are so excited to be with you again this year.
The full list and description of this year’s events are on the MIMS PTO UIL page. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. Please fill out the Google Form to participate.
We will host a UIL informational meeting Monday, November 16 @ 6:30 pm via Zoom. In this informational session we will go over different events, how virtual exams work, and coaching information.
- Zoom Meeting ID: 814 8717 9065
- Zoom Meeting Passcode: 238289Join Zoom Meeting
What is UIL?
A+ Academics Elementary are academic competitions to let your students compete and challenge themselves in different events. This year will look a little different from previous years. Our first 2 meets will be held virtually with the intention to return to in person meets for the spring semester.
What UIL events can your students do?
Some of the events have changed by condensing the grades and this year we will be able to send 5 students per event. We have wonderful parents that volunteer their time to coach our students. If you are skilled in one of the event categories and would like to be a volunteer coach, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dictionary Skills (4th/5th)
- Listening (4th/5th)
- Number Sense (3rd, 4th, 5th)
- Social Studies (4th/5th)
- Art (4th/5th)
- Creative Writing (2nd)
- Impromptu Speaking (4th/5th)
- Mathematics (4th/5th)
- Oral Reading English & Spanish (4th/5th)
- Ready Writing (3rd, 4th, 5th)
- Chess Puzzle (2nd/3rd, 4th/5th)
- Impromptu Speaking (2nd/3rd)
- Maps, Graphs & Charts (4th/5th)
- Oral Reading English & Spanish (2nd/3rd)
- Spelling (3rd, 4th, 5th)
- Modern Oratory (2nd/3rd, 4th/5th)
- Music Memory (2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th)
- Storytelling (2nd/3rd)