Our PTO is actively involved in fundraising to support our school. A few of our most popular fundraisers are Spirit Days, Sociables, and Chinese New Year Festival.
Check out the new fundraisers PTO is sponsoring for this crazy-mixed-up year:
- Roll-and-go Spirit Nights: you pick up but the restaurant still donates! Lemongrass, Dream Dinners, and more to come with a week or more of dining at a time.
- Drive-in Movie Nights: these are as much about community as they are about fundraising and they’re new to MIMS. Outdoors, distanced, and fun!
- MIMS U: You teach; we donate to learn. What will you teach?
- MIMS Marketplace: Great items sold through MIMS for a business. You buy; they donate. MIMS families with businesses can also sell! Starting with holiday cards from Minted at a 20% discount AND gorgeous baskets from Sallis Soapery.
- MIMS Yard Signs: Buy a MIMS Yard Sign to show your spirit and support the school.
Spirit Days: are days arranged by the PTO where MIMS families and their friends can go to a specific restaurant or business on certain dates and have a portion of their sales get donated back to the PTO/school. (Note: Families must mention to the restaurant that they have come for the MIMS Spirit Day so the PTO/school can get a donation.)
Marquee: Donate $30 to have your child’s birthday celebrated on the school marquee. Please donate $30 on the PTO donate button in the store tab. When you donate, please indicate that the donation is for birthday marqee so that our treasurer can account for the donation. Please screenshot your receipt and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your child’s name and birthday and look for a confirmation email.
Sociables: items and events hosted by MIMS families sold at our Fall Festival auction.
Chinese New Year Festival: The largest festival event of the school year. Lots of performances, games, food, vendor booths, and cultural crafts. Supported by parent volunteers and students. MIMS families, family businesses, and community businesses are invited to join as sponsors or to donate to the raffle.
Box Tops!! MIMS earns 10 cents for every Box Top that it returns to the company. Please trim your box tops and give them to your child’s homeroom teacher. Amount and expiration date must be visible on all labels. Click here to see which products have box tops. Thanks for helping your school!
If you donate more than $250, MIMS PTO will send you a charitable donation receipt. If you dontate less, you can still claim the donation, using a bank or payroll-deduction receipt, per IRS Publication 1771, Charitable Contributions, Substantiation and Disclosure Requirements.
For every ticket MIMS sells, the Houston Rockets will donate a portion of the proceeds back to MIMS.
Depending on the total revenue MIMS families & friends generate from all book & toy sales ( in store at Holcombe location) Barnes & Nobles will donate a percentage of all proceeds to MIMS.
Square1Art : Display your child’s artwork on various items, ie plates. Items will be sold on-line and will arrive in time for Christmas.