- Select a Nominating Chair and Committee.
- Contact current board members to determine open positions for next school year.
- Define goals and needs for next school year.
- Develop a list of objectives for the board as a whole. Call for nominations are made to all PTO members via PTO Newsletter, PTO Facebook page and member email.
- Contact nominees to obtain approval to consider for position.
- Only nominees who agree to hold office will be put forth for election.
- Deadline for nominations is March 31.
- Hold Nominating Committee meeting to review all Board openings and identify first and second choices for each position, keeping in mind all the objectives and with the aim of building a deep Board with many individuals who could be candidates for leadership positions in the future.
- PTO Board to approve nominees for election slate.
- Announce candidate names with brief bio via PTO Newsletter, PTO Facebook page and member email.
- Announce election date via PTO Newsletter, PTO Facebook page and member email.
- Conduct election at PTO general meeting.
- Announce results.
- New officers take over.