Thanksgiving is fast approaching! We would like to take this opportunity to show our thanks to all the hardworking teachers and staff at MIMS, who help create such a nurturing learning environment for our children …
Just a reminder that our November MIMS PTO meeting is Friday, November 13 at noon. The draft agenda is available – let Kelly Opot or Libby Ingrassia know if you have something you need on …
Welcome to the 2020-2021 Elementary School UIL Academic year! Ms. Simpson and Nissa Simpson are your teacher representative and parent coordinator for MIMS. We are so excited to be with you again this year. The …
I don’t know, maybe kids and playgrounds? Chocolate and mint? In any case, we’ve launched a new fundraising partnership with Minted. You use our code when you order the holiday cards you were planning to …
Sociables & Auction Update
Note: We’ll update this post regularly to keep you in the loop on where we are with current sociables and items.
Congratulations to this year’s Live Auction Winners!
Sociables still available
How to buy
- Pre-register your mobile number in advance at qtego.net/qlink/mimspto. Everyone must register, even if you used the site for last year’s event.
- During registration, you will be asked to provide your credit card information that will be used to purchase sociable and silent auction items.
- Once you register, you will receive two (2) text messages welcoming you to the event.
Purchasing Sociable and Silent Auction Items:
You can purchase or bid on items through your mobile phone, iPad, or computer.
To purchase a sociable or bid on a silent auction item from your mobile phone, reply to the text message you received from Qtego and follow the instructions below OR you can select the blue URL link in your second text message to make purchases or bid on your personal bidding page through your smart phone.
iPad or Computer:
- First, register your phone at qtego.net/qlink/mimspto.
- Select “SIGN IN” and enter the personal PIN you received in your second text message.
- The last four (4) characters of the link you received in the second text are your PIN.
By Text Messaging:
If you would like to…
…you should TEXT
Example of Your Text
PURCHASE a sociable
BUY ITEM# QUANTITY
BUY 101 3 Buys 3 of Item #101
BID on a silent auction item
Set a MAXIMUM BID for an item so you can bid automatically
ITEM# BID M
102 300 M
Get a DESCRIPTION and CURRENT PRICE of an item
Through Your Personal Bidding Page:
- Click on the blue hyperlink in your Qtego text message.
- Press “Auction Items” for silent auction items or “Instabuy” for sociables
- Tap the item photo and submit your bid.
Questions? Please email Lisa Barrow at firstname.lastname@example.org
Original post on how to host:
PTO is looking for some families to support the diversity in our school by running events for National Hispanic Heritage month (Sept. 15-Oct. 15), Black/African-American History month (February), and Asian/Pacific American Heritage month (May).
PTO has established a budget for each of these events and Mr. Ying has established some guidelines for the types of events the school can accommodate. If you’d like to volunteer, contact the PTO and Mr. Ying for details.
President – Nhi Le
Elementary Vice President – Kelly Opot
Middle School Vice President – Felicia Ziegler
Secretary – Libby Ingrassia (Bergman)
Treasurer – Jose Gonzalez
Parliamentarian – Derek Sirmans
Historian – Nissa Simpson
Festival Chair – Amanda Chambers
Corporate Fundraising Chair – Lisa Barrow
Community Fundraising Chair – NO CANDIDATE (Will run election at the beginning of the school year).
Shared Decision Committee Member – Wendy Chung
The individuals elected will take office on July 1, 2019. Their term will be until June 30, 2020.
Wishing the 2019-2020 PTO Board all the success!
1. Please follow the directions of traffic flow and be courteous when the lanes merge.
2. Pedestrian traffic is heavy from 8:15 AM to 8:45 AM and from 3:40 PM to 4:10 PM. Please drive slowly
and be ready to stop for pedestrians.
a. Please drop off your child only at designated area:
i. Park by the curbside in front of the school, or
ii. Park in the Parent/Visitor Parking area.
b. Please do not park in the middle of traffic flow to drop off your child.
a. Please form a line at the curbside in front of the school and have your placard ready.
b. Please move your vehicle forward and fill the empty space before picking up your child.
c. If your child requires additional assistance to buckle-up, please plan to park in the Parent/Visitor Parking area and pick up your child at the cafeteria door.
5. The parking lot next to our building is designated for teacher parking between 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
6. If the parking lot is full, please utilize street parking around campus and respect the city regulation.
1. School opens from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The front office is temporarily closed from 3:30 PM to 4:15 PM
for dismissal. There will be no access to the building before 8:00 AM or after 5:00 PM.
2. Student hour is from 8:30 AM to 3:50 PM. Students need to arrive classrooms by 8:35 AM before tardy is
marked. Late pick-up fee applies after 4:10 PM.
3. CIASP parent pick-up from 4:15 PM to 6:30 PM at the front of the school. Enrichment only pick-up at the
side of the building from 5:00 PM to 5:30 PM.
4. All club sponsors sign in at the front desk (after 4:15 PM) or in the cafeteria (from 3:40 PM to 4:10 PM).
Club students are dismissed at the cafeteria door with sponsors. Club visitors need to sign in before 5:00
PM or contact club sponsors if it is after 5:00 PM.
DropOff & PickUp Map
By contributing to the PTO Annual Drive, you help us meet our school’s needs that are outside the scope of their budget. When you go a step further and volunteer to help with events—or join our board— you set a fine example for our students to follow, and greatly encourage our teachers and staff.