MIMS loses money if attendance levels drop below a certain level. Help keep attendance rates high by doing the following:
- During virtual learning, attendance is taken based on HISD rules. More info TBD.
- During in-person learning, attendance is taken promptly at 9:30 am.
- Try to schedule appointments after 10am if appointments must be during the weekday. Appointments after school or on the weekends are best.
- Always turn in a doctor’s note to the front desk after attending appointments.
- Please do not schedule trips during school days if possible.
When to Keep Your Child at Home
A child should stay home if he or she…
- has a fever over 100 degrees F.
- has had a fever within the previous 24 hours (not counting any time on a fever-reducing medication).
- has had vomiting or diarrhea within the previous 24 hours (not counting time on anti-diarrheal medication).
Keep an eye on health guidelines from the district for ongoing updates.