One of our awesome MIMS parents took some time to put together a list of useful resources that might be especially helpful for new parents. Send email to email@example.com if you see something out of date or have ideas of other items to add to this list.
- We suggest all families sign up to be part of the MIMS Family Directory (voluntary; hope to have it out by October). This lets families communicate and connect with each other.
- Official information from the PTO will be posted to this site regularly. We are in process with adding a tool called Living Tree, as well. Admin will communicate via Mr. Ying’s emails.
- PTO will host monthly meetings. Dates will be on the Calendar.
- Meetings of PTO board and general meeting will be posted as quickly as possible (usually 3-7 days after meetings). If you have agenda items OR can’t attend but need to ask questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com in advance.
- There is an unofficial Facebook group for MIMS parents.
- Each grade may have its own FB group, such as MIMS 2032, MIMs 2029, and so on. Search the name and request to join.
- The school has Facebook and Twitter as well. (Older Fb page here and older Tw)
MIMS Profile & Administration
STARR Test Results
Login to https://txparentportal.emetric.net/ with student ID.
- Principal is Chung Ying; Assistant Principal is Justin Ritsema
- email: Chung.Ying@houstonisd.org – find all staff and admin email addresses on the MIMS site.
- Mr. Ying sends out a weekly message. If you have not received it, please contact the front desk.
HISD, MIMS, and the PTO all have calendars to which you can subscribe.
- Subscribe to the MIMS Calendar on the PTO website by clicking on the lower right corner.
- You can also filter by category and hover over a particular event, click the three dots, and add particular events to YOUR calendar.
- MIMS: https://www.houstonisd.org/Page/6965
- HISD: https://www.houstonisd.org/calendar
Supporting the School – Money, Time, or Service
PTO raises funds to support the school and our students.
- Cash Donations to PTO
- Buy from Amazon? Use Amazonsmile.com, search:
Mandarin Chinese Language Immersion Magnet School PTO
We love our MIMS parent volunteers! The Volunteer page includes a form for you to raise your hand, information about the various ways you can volunteer, and the required VIPS application, which must be completed every year.