This page will be updated as new resources and information become available.
- HISD reopening plan (PDF)
- Parent Introduction to Virtual Learning course
- Link to MIMS TEACHERS WEBPAGES by Grade: https://www.houstonisd.org/domain/43281
- HISD & MIMS Resources for Digital Learning ->Hub, Quizlet, Teams, etc.
- Special Populations: Do you have questions about 504 plans, dyslexia or speech services, accommodations for children on the spectrum, managing student anxiety or depression, or other services for special kids? Join the…Do you have questions about 504 plans, dyslexia or speech services, accommodations for children on the spectrum, managing student anxiety or depression.. Join the Office of Special Populations for one of their upcoming Parent Labs. https://www.houstonisd.org/Page/179071
- Update your email with MIMS. If you need to update/add an email, please use this link. Thanks to Ms. Obando, she created this form so that you don’t have to email us back and forth about updating/adding email. Please note that you will need your child’s student ID to complete the form.
- Questions about technology – Ms. Linzhe Obando and Mr. Elmer Milla
- Questions about magnet program – Ms. Xian Xia
- Need to update your information (including not receiving Ying’s weekly emails) – Ms. Christine Chavez
- Questions about health and safety – Ms. Vonshay Stubblefield
- Questions about 504 program and accommodation (including IAT process) – Mr. Justin Ritsema
- Questions about Special Education – Mr. David Nichols
- Questions about GT program and CBE test – Ms. Yabei Yin
Need to see what Mr. Ying is sending out? Two tips: it’s online at the MIMS website AND it is also sent to your child’s HISD email.
Reopening FAQ for MIMS
Many parents ask about what will it look like when MIMS reopens.
- Preliminary reopening plan for MIMS (7/24/20)
- Reopening Plan Q&A (10/8/2020)
- What is the class size? Classrooms are using double-size (open between the paired rooms) which should accommodate students returning.
- Where to have breakfast and lunch? Breakfast in classrooms; Lunch in the cafeteria
- Will there be a different schedule? No, we will keep the same schedule.
- When is dismissal for in-person? School day is 8:30 to 4. Pick up should be completed by 4:30 pm.
- What about the transportation services? Transportation is provided to special education, homeless, and priority students. Still confirming transportation for all magnet students.
- What supplies will HISD provide? Facilities will distribute personal protective equipment (PPE) to each campus on a weekly and monthly basis.
- PPE will include thermometers based on number of students.
- Weekly: Schools will receive disposable masks (one per staff member and one per student) and wipes will be provided for classrooms and campus.
- Monthly: Gloves will be provided for classrooms and campus.
- Will my child have the same homeroom teacher if/when we come back in-person? We will do everything we can not to change homeroom.