This page will be updated as new resources and information become available.
- HISD reopening plan (PDF)
- Parent Introduction to Virtual Learning course
- Link to MIMS TEACHERS WEBPAGES by Grade: https://www.houstonisd.org/domain/43281
- HISD & MIMS Resources for Digital Learning ->Hub, Quizlet, Teams, etc.
- Special Populations: Do you have questions about 504 plans, dyslexia or speech services, accommodations for children on the spectrum, managing student anxiety or depression, or other services for special kids? Join the…Do you have questions about 504 plans, dyslexia or speech services, accommodations for children on the spectrum, managing student anxiety or depression.. Join the Office of Special Populations for one of their upcoming Parent Labs. https://www.houstonisd.org/Page/179071
- Update your email with MIMS. If you need to update/add an email, please use this link. Thanks to Ms. Obando, she created this form so that you don’t have to email us back and forth about updating/adding email. Please note that you will need your child’s student ID to complete the form.
- Questions about technology – Ms. Linzhe Obando and Mr. Elmer Milla
- Questions about magnet program – Ms. Xian Xia
- Need to update your information (including not receiving Ying’s weekly emails) – Ms. Christine Chavez
- Questions about health and safety – Ms. Vonshay Stubblefield
- Questions about 504 program and accommodation (including IAT process) – Mr. Justin Ritsema
- Questions about Special Education – Mr. David Nichols
- Questions about GT program and CBE test – Ms. Yabei Yin
Need to see what Mr. Ying is sending out? Two tips: it’s online at the MIMS website AND it is also sent to your child’s HISD email.
Reopening FAQ for MIMS
Many parents ask about what will it look like when MIMS reopens.
- Preliminary reopening plan for MIMS (7/24/20)
- What is the class size? The maximum number of students per classroom is 9. We will place the overflow to another classroom.
- Where to have breakfast and lunch? Students will have breakfast, lunch, PE in the classroom. There will be very limited transition in the building.
- Will there be a different schedule? No, we will most likely keep the same schedule.
- When is dismissal for in-person? We need more information for the district before we make a decision.
- What about the transportation services? Transportation is provided to special education, homeless, and priority students. Once we have preliminary numbers on Friday, September 25, the determination of transportation to all students, including magnet schools, will be made.
- What supplies will HISD provide? Facilities will distribute personal protective equipment (PPE) to each campus on a weekly and monthly basis.
- PPE will include thermometers based on number of students.
- Weekly: Schools will receive disposable masks (one per staff member and one per student) and wipes will be provided for classrooms and campus.
- Monthly: Gloves will be provided for classrooms and campus.
- Will my child have the same homeroom teacher if/when we come back in-person? We will do everything we can not to change homeroom.